I loved this bourbon slush before I became a bourbon lover. You don’t really taste it, so don’t let that deter you.
But you guys, this drink. Oh. My. My mom passed this recipe on to me. Bourbon slush was a classic 1970s drink, she said. She and my dad used to make it when we’d go on family beach week vacations in the summer when I was growing up. No wonder they were so relaxed and fun!
It’s slushy, it’s sweet, it’s a perfect combination of afternoon flavors.
Mix this up, let it freeze, then scoop it out, top it off and relax in a rocking chair or lounge chair or adirondack chair – or shoot, your front stoop – and taste some summer.
P.S. Get some plastic cups, cause you’re gonna wanna take this drink for a summer stroll. Cheers!
A slushy, sweet, boozy drink, perfect for summer sipping!
- 2 12oz. cans frozen lemonade
- 1 12 oz. can frozen orange juice
- 7 cups water
- 7 teaspoons instant tea
- 1/3 cup sugar (can be omitted altogether)
- 2 cups bourbon (see notes)
- For serving: diet Sprite or diet Ginger Ale
- Mix all ingredients (except soda) until well combined. Store covered in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 24 hours.
- Use a spoon to scrape and scoop the bourbon slush into a glass. Fill about 2/3rds full and top with diet Sprite or diet Ginger Ale. Mix with the spoon to get it to a slushy consistency. Enjoy!