Strangely, I don’t really care for French fries. I haven’t had a fry in probably a decade. They just don’t call my name. I’d much rather have a baked potato or some roasted potatoes. Maybe I’m a potato purist. (Though my family might choose a term like health freak.)
We eat potatoes in some none-fry form at least a couple of times a week around here. And these have quickly become a favorite, particularly with the kids.
Sweet potatoes are naturally sweet, of course, but when you slice them and brush them with a little maple syrup, then sprinkle on some cinnamon and roast them? Oh my. Little candy nuggets! But wholesome ones.
You can certainly eat these maple cinnamon sweet potatoes with a fork and be civilized about it, but we just use our hands. I’ll thank my 2-year-old for showing us how to reconnect with our food on a more physical level. Shoot, on any level – he knows how to tackle some food with enthusiasm!
Try these out today to add to your potato repertoire. Enjoy!
Maple cinnamon sweet potatoes
Maple cinnamon roasted sweet potato rounds are a kid-friendly side dish!
- 3 sweet potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place sweet potato rounds on cookie sheet.
- Brush the tops of the sweet potatoes generously with maple syrup, then sprinkle with cinnamon and salt. (I put the maple syrup in a little bowl then use a small pastry brush to brush it onto the sweet potatoes.)
- Roast at 400 for 20 minutes or until tender. Enjoy!
You may not use all of the maple syrup or cinnamon. Just brush and sprinkle until you've covered each sweet potato round.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 111kcal Calories from fat 1|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Like it spicy? Check out my spicy sweet potato rounds.