Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/15-minute-honey-garlic-chicken/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
15-minute honey garlic chicken
4 servings adjust servings
A 5-ingredient, 15-minute honey garlic chicken recipe with an addictive sauce!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (about 1/2 inch)
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, adjust for heat)
- For serving (optional): brown rice, sliced green onions, sesame seeds, lime wedges to squeeze over chicken
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper. (Go easy because the soy sauce has plenty of sodium.)
- Add the chicken to the skillet and brown on one side, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes, if using, in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the sauce to the pan and toss to coat the chicken pieces. Cook until chicken is cooked through, 4-5 more minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and top with green onions, sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 283kcal Calories from fat 61|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|