Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/apple-cinnamon-quinoa-breakfast-muffins/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Apple cinnamon quinoa breakfast muffins
20 mini muffins adjust servings
Wholesome mini muffins with quinoa, oats and apples, naturally sweetened with maple syrup.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup oats (uncooked, I used old fashioned)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup finely chopped apples
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a mini-muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Mix quinoa, oats, cinnamon and salt together in a large bowl.
- Separately, beat the eggs in a small bowl. Stir in maple syrup.
- Add the egg mixture to the quinoa mixture and stir to combine. Fold in the apple pieces.
- Fill each mini-muffin cup all the way full. Use your spoon to pack each one down a little bit.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
Store the mini muffins in an airtight container in the fridge. Or freeze the extras in a freezer bag for up to 3 months.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 62kcal Calories from fat 10|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|