Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/asian-chicken-chopped-salad/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Asian chicken chopped salad
2-3 servings adjust servings
A fresh Asian-style chopped salad with an easy, homemade soy ginger dressing!
- 10 cups romaine lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper (any color) or 3-4 smaller sweet peppers, finely chopped
- 1 handful snap peas (about 20 or so), cut horizontally into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped (or use 4-5 baby carrots)
- 3-4 mushrooms (I used cremini), finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped, cooked chicken (from about 1 skinless boneless chicken breast)
- 5-minute soy ginger dressing
- Start by washing and chopping your veggies. Add all of the veggies to a large bowl.
- Next, make the soy ginger dressing. Just add all of the dressing ingredients to a small jar or container with a tight fitting lid, cover and shake it up.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well, until everything is coated. I start with about two-thirds of the dressing and add from there.
- Serve and devour!
- You can leave out or sub in any other favorite veggies for this dish. Other greens or even cabbage would be awesome in place of the romaine lettuce. Throw in some asparagus or peas. You could add cooked and cooled edamame for a protein boost or as a sub for the chicken if you want this to be vegetarian. And you could certainly top with crispy wontons or peanuts for some extra crunch.
- You can also make this ahead. Chop all of the veggies and store in a large bowl in the refrigerator. Keep the chopped chicken in a separate container or plastic bag in the refrigerator. Mix your dressing and store in the jar or container in the fridge. When ready to eat, mix up the chicken and veggies. Shake the dressing to get it well mixed, drizzle over the salad, toss and serve!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 249kcal Calories from fat 56|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||36%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|