Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/banana-blueberry-muffins/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 24 mini muffins plus 9 large muffins (or any combination - see notes) adjust servings
Whole grain banana blueberry muffins just bursting with fresh fruit flavor!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2/3 cup canola oil (or substitute coconut oil)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats (I use old fashioned)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375. Prepare muffin tins (see notes).
- Mash the bananas in a medium bowl. Add Greek yogurt, honey, oil and vanilla and stir well to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries gently, so you don’t break them. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
- Bake at 375 for 9-10 minutes for mini muffins or for 18-20 minutes for regular-sized muffins.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes in the pan, then remove and cool completely.
- Extras can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Spray the mini muffin tins with cooking spray or line regular-size muffin tins with muffin liners.
I like making both sizes of these muffins - and my kids are fans of both! You can make 24 mini muffins and 9 large muffins or 18 mini muffins and 12 large muffins. Or you can do all of one size or the other — you’ll get about 42-44 mini muffins or about 18-20 regular muffins.
Adapted from Grain Crazy.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 167kcal Calories from fat 67|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|