Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/barley-salad-with-tomatoes/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Barley salad with tomatoes
4 servings adjust servings
A quick and easy barley salad with tomatoes, cucumbers and Italian dressing!
- 1 8.8 oz. bag of barley (I use the quick-cooking kind)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (from about 1 small)
- 1 pint halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cook barley according to package directions. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, prep your veggies and mix up your dressing.
- Once cooled, combine barley, cucumber, tomatoes and Italian dressing. Stir well to get everything evenly coated.
- When ready to serve, add chopped fresh basil and stir to combine.
Leftovers make a lovely light lunch!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 327kcal Calories from fat 90|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 10g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|