Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/blueberry-sauce/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. about 2 1/4 cups adjust servings
Homemade blueberry sauce is easy to make with just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes!
- 1 pound blueberries (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup granulated (white) sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon orange juice (or you can substitute lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add blueberries, sugar, salt and orange juice to a large pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once boiling, remove from the heat and carefully add to a blender, or to a container to use with your immersion blender. Blend - carefully - then return to the pot.
- Return the mixture to a low boil and cook for 7-10 minutes. The sauce will thicken and should adhere to the back of a spoon when you run your finger across it (see picture above).
- Remove from the heat. Skim the foam if needed (I usually don’t) and stir in the vanilla. Let cool.
- You can strain the sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to make it more smooth or to remove any blueberry skins, if you have some remaining. Otherwise, pack the sauce up in jars and store in the fridge (for up to a month) or the freezer (for up to 3 months).
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 4kcal Calories from fat |
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|