Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/brown-rice-buddha-bowl/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 4 servings adjust servings
This nourishing, beautiful Buddha bowl features a delicious soy ginger dressing.
- 1 heaping cup brown rice
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and sliced or small diced
- 2 cups edamame, cooked
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced (any color or a mix)
- 2-3 carrots, thinly sliced (or about 10 baby carrots, thinly sliced vertically - or sub 1/2 a bag of matchstick carrots)
- 4 green onions, sliced on diagonal
- Toasted sesame seeds, to sprinkle
- 5-minute soy ginger dressing
- Cook brown rice.
- Meanwhile, cook the edamame.
- While the brown rice and edamame are cooking, make your dressing. Add all of your ingredients to a jar or small tupperware container and shake it up. It will settle as you prep everything else, so just give it one more good shake before you pour it on.
- Next, slice all your veggies and the cooked chicken.
- Heat the canola oil in a medium skillet over high heat. Add the sliced peppers and carrots and stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened. Throw in your chicken and edamame and stir for another minute to let everything heat up. Turn off the heat.
- Once the brown rice is cooked, add it to your bowl and top with the chicken and veggie mixture. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds and then pour your dressing over the whole dish. Dive on in!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 404kcal Calories from fat 104|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|