Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/brown-rice-edamame-salad-with-carrots/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Brown rice edamame salad with carrots
4 servings adjust servings
Brown rice salad with edamame, carrots and an easy soy ginger dressing!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen edamame, cooked
- 1 heaping cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced, light green and green parts only
- Soy-ginger dressing (just 5 minutes to make!)
- Sesame seeds, for garnish, if desired
- Cook the brown rice.
- Meanwhile, cook the edamame. I add mine, still frozen, to boiling water and let cook for 5-6 minutes, then drain. Check your package directions.
- Mix up the soy ginger dressing.
- Add the edamame to a bowl with the carrots and sliced green onions. Once the rice is ready, add that to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. I start with about 2/3 of the jar and add more if needed.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Enjoy warm, at room temperature or cold from the fridge!
You can add chopped peanuts to make this a vegetarian main dish. Or fold in some leftover or rotisserie chicken and make it a dinner.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 228kcal Calories from fat 31|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|