Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/caprese-polenta-stacks/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 4 servings adjust servings
These easy Caprese polenta stacks are as delicious as they are beautiful!
- 2 18-oz logs cooked polenta, cut into half-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter (or combination)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese (or about 1/2 cup shredded)
- 2 tomatoes, sliced in 1/4-inch slices (8 total slices)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, plus extra for drizzling
- 8 basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Heat butter and/or olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add polenta slices and cook for 3-4 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Flip the polenta slices and season with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute, then top with mozzarella (slices or shredded) and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Remove polenta and place on paper towel to soak up extra oil/butter.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes in the same pan and cook for one minute. Flip the tomato slices over, add balsamic vinegar and cook for one more minute. Remove tomato slices from the heat.
- Layer one slice of cheesy polenta, one slice of tomato and a basil leaf, then repeat and end with a cheesy polenta slice. Make four of these.
- Drizzle each polenta stack with extra balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with extra basil, if desired.
- Behold. And then devour.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 376kcal Calories from fat 164|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 18g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|