Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/cheddar-chicken-burgers/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 4 burgers adjust servings
Just 5 ingredients and 20 minutes for these flavorful cheddar chicken burgers!
- 1 lb. ground chicken (I recommend NOT using lean)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I recommend low-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning (such as Weber's Montana steak seasoning or McCormick's Grill Mates steak seasoning)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese cubes, about 1/4-inch dice
- For cooking: 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- For serving: Burger buns and your favorites: lettuce, tomato, red onion slices, ketchup, mustard, pickles, jalapeños, bacon, avocado, etc.
- Combine all ingredients (except olive oil) in a bowl and mix until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Form 4 patties, each about 1-inch thick. Try to ensure the cheddar chunks are evenly distributed. (Note: The mixture will be wet, but it holds together. It helps to wet your hands before forming the patties.)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add burgers to hot skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Flip over and cook another 5 minutes, until cooked through. (If your stove is getting too hot, just reduce heat slightly when you flip the burgers.)
- Remove patties to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve in a bun with desired burger toppings.
You can also cook these on the grill, if you prefer.
The burgers here are topped with an easy mustard-yogurt mixture. It's about 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt and 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard mixed together. I like adding a few dashes of hot sauce, too!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 258kcal Calories from fat 157|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|