Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/cheddar-corn-bacon-potato-salad/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Cheddar, corn and bacon potato salad
6-8 servings adjust servings
A perfectly creamy cheddar, corn and bacon potato salad using tri-colored potatoes!
- 2 lbs. red, white and purple potatoes mix (I used a mixed bag of fingerlings)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, divided
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh from about 2 cobs or corn or frozen corn, thawed)
- 4-6 slices bacon
- 4 green onions, chopped (light green and green parts)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use reduced-fat)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Cook whole potatoes in boiling salted water for 20-25 minutes, until almost tender. Be sure to use a big pot so they are in an even layer on the bottom.
- Drain and let cool slightly, until cool enough to touch. Slice the potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Pour 2 tablespoons of the white wine vinegar over the potatoes while they are still hot. Let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook and crumble your bacon and shred your cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, remaining teaspoon of white wine vinegary, sugar, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne, if using. Stir until smooth.
- Place the cooled potatoes in a large bowl. Add corn, shredded cheddar cheese and about half of the bacon and green onions. (See notes.)
- Add the mayonnaise and Greek yogurt mixture and stir until everything is well coated. Refrigerate at least an hour and up to 24 hours.
- When ready to serve, top with the remaining bacon and green onions. Enjoy!
This potato salad is meant to be made ahead, so please plan accordingly.
The bacon that gets mixed into the potato salad before it gets refrigerated will soften. You can reserve all of the bacon until you are ready to serve if you want to ensure it all stays crispy.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 467kcal Calories from fat 292|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 32g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|