Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/chicken-hash-baked-potato/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Chicken hash over baked potato
4 servings adjust servings
Chicken hash served over fluffy potatoes with a fast gravy. So comforting!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 zucchini, grated, with excess liquid squeezed out
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 baked potatoes, cooked
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour (I used whole wheat but any kind is fine)
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt (or sour cream)
For the chicken hash:
- Prepare your potatoes and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and peppers and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, zucchini, chicken, salt, pepper and paprika. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and let the mixture heat through while you get everything else ready.
For the gravy:
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add flour and whisk to combine. Cook for 2 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Add chicken broth slowly and whisk to combine. Add thyme.
- Let mixture cook over medium-low heat for 4-5 minutes, until thickened to your desired consistency.
- Add the salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Add the Greek yogurt and stir to combine.
Bring it all together:
- Pour the gravy mixture over the chicken hash mixture in the pan. Stir to combine.
- Open and fluff the baked potatoes.
- Heap the chicken hash and gravy mixture all over the potatoes. They should be overflowing.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 536kcal Calories from fat 220|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 24g||37%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|