Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/citrus-farro-and-arugula-salad-with-walnuts-and-cranberries/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Citrus farro and arugula salad with walnuts and cranberries
4 servings adjust servings
A quick and easy citrus farro salad with arugula, walnuts and dried cranberries.
- 1 (8-9 oz.) package of quick-cooking farro
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Cook farro according to package directions. Once cooked - it should be a little chewy and al dente - remove from heat and season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the walnuts in a small skillet for a few minutes, stirring or tossing occasionally. Don’t let them burn! Remove and coarsely chop.
- Place the arugula in a large bowl. Season with remaining salt and pepper, lemon zest and juice and olive oil.
- Add the cooked farro to the bowl with the arugula and add orange juice, walnuts, dried cranberries and Parmesan cheese. Mix well. Season to taste with extra salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil, if needed.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. (I think the leftovers are also good cold!)
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 271kcal Calories from fat 36|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|