Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/cold-barley-salad-chicken-creamy-pesto/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Chicken and barley salad with creamy pesto
4-6 servings adjust servings
An easy make-ahead chicken and barley salad with a creamy pesto-yogurt mixture!
- 1 (11 oz.) bag quick-cooking barley, cooked and cooled
- 3 cups cooked, diced chicken breasts (from a rotisserie or oven-roasted chicken)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 medium bell pepper (or 4-5 small sweet peppers), seeded and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 3/4 cup basil pesto (homemade or store bought)
- The barley and chicken need to be cooked and cooled, so please plan accordingly.
- Combine barley, chicken, cucumber, bell pepper and tomatoes in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and pesto until smooth and well-mixed.
- Add the yogurt-pesto mixture to the salad and stir to get everything well-coated.
- Let sit for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend together.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Leftovers keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1147kcal Calories from fat 645|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 72g||111%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Dietary Fiber 18g||72%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|