Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/cool-rice-salad-with-creamy-yogurt-dressing/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Cool creamy rice salad with yogurt dressing
4 servings adjust servings
Cool down with this delicious creamy rice salad!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups small cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, diced small
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Cook brown rice.
- While the rice cooks, chop your veggies and prepare the yogurt dressing.
- Mix the yogurt, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper together in a small bowl until well combined.
- When the rice is finished, rinse under cold water then lay it out on some paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Pat it dry and put rice in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes and cucumber. Add the yogurt mixture to the bowl and stir everything until it’s well combined.
- Add the chopped basil and stir gently to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
If making ahead, wait and add the basil when you serve it.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 331kcal Calories from fat 144|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|