This 5-ingredient, 5-minute creamy peanut butter yogurt dip is delicious with fresh fruit, graham crackers or pretzels for an afternoon snack!
We are all big book people in my house.
My kiddos love to read. They are both excellent snugglers and we always end the day curled up on the sofa with at least a couple of books before heading up to bed.
Sometimes we have reading time in the morning or afternoon, too. Helps us slow down and reconnect.
M, my oldest, who is 5, is headed to kindergarten in a few weeks. As that start week draws near, the tightness in my chest seems to build a little.
I know she’s gonna love it. I know she’s gonna thrive. I know she’ll make great friends, fit right in and be ready for all the learning challenges they can throw her way.
Honestly, I hope they keep up with this one!
I know the rest of us will be fine, too, but it will be an adjustment not having her home as much. Poor J will be so sad without his big sis around all the time – they are great buddies.
(Speaking of J, if you read last week’s post with my healthier no-bake cookie bars, you’ll be happy to know potty training is going well! A few bumps and hiccups, but overall, a great success!)
And with M in kindergarten and J in preschool, we’ll have to juggle two drop-offs and two pick-ups every morning and afternoon amid our full-time jobs.
I know, too, that M is going to be exhausted at the end of the school day and need some quiet, down time. A book and a cuddle with mama will be just the thing.
So today I’m sharing this creamy peanut butter yogurt dip. It’s a super fast, super simple after-school snack I can set out for us to munch on while we chat about her day, find a story and have some mother-daughter time.
So, this peanut butter yogurt dip. It’s cool, it’s creamy, it’s dip-tastic with everything from fresh fruit to graham crackers to pretzel sticks.
It’s also so easy – just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes. 👍
I made it last week and M said, “Yummy recipe! Thank you SO much!” And then chowed down. J didn’t say anything. He was too busy eating. 😉
Notes on peanut butter yogurt dip:
- If your mixture is too thick, add a small splash of milk. If it’s too thin, add another small dollop of peanut butter. Get it just where you like it.
- You can add another teaspoon of honey to peanut butter and yogurt mixture if your kids prefer a little more sweetness.
- You also could add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the mixture for some extra flavor and warmth.
- Crumble some graham crackers on top if you want a little texture in your dip.
- Substitute canned pumpkin puree for yogurt for a fall treat – I’ll definitely be trying this since we are pumpkin obsessed!
I hope your back-to-school season goes smoothly. I hope ours does, too, and I hope I don’t bawl too uncontrollably on her first day. All you moms who’ve been through this before, send me your words of wisdom, would you?
In the meantime, happy snacking and happy cuddles. Enjoy!
P.S. You may also want to check out these other easy Greek yogurt dips for snacking or a party appetizer.
- 1/4 cup creamy Jif peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (I use nonfat)
- 2 tablespoons milk (any kind is OK)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and stir until smooth and well combined.
- Serve with sliced apples, bananas or strawberries, graham crackers, pretzels or just some toast!
If your mixture is too thick, add a small splash of milk. If it’s too thin, add another small dollop of peanut butter.
You can add another teaspoon of honey to peanut butter and yogurt mixture if your kids prefer a little more sweetness.
You also could add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the mixture for some extra flavor and warmth.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 10g
This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Kellogg’s and The J.M. Smucker Company but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #SamsClubBTS http://my-disclosur.es/OBstV