Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/curried-wild-rice-salad-raisins-pecans/
© 2017 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Curried wild rice salad with raisins and pecans
4 people adjust servings
Cold curried wild rice salad with raisins and pecans is an addictive and easy side dish!
- 1 6 oz. box Uncle Bens® Long Grain + Wild Rice Original Recipe
- 1/2 cup radishes finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onions finely diced
- 1/2 cup pecans toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions, omitting the butter and seasonings. Once rice is cooked, rinse under cold water, drain well and place in a medium bowl.
- Add remaining salad ingredients to bowl and stir to combine.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine all of the ingredients in a small jar or a container with a tight fitting lid. Cover and shake vigorously for 30-45 seconds, until well mixed and the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss to combine.
- Serve or chill until ready to serve.
Tip: Prep all of your ingredients and the vinaigrette while the rice is cooking so everything is ready to go.
This can be made ahead up to a day before. I actually prefer it chilled after it’s had a chance to let the flavors marry.
The salad keeps well in the fridge, completely dressed, for 2-3 days. After that, it loses a little bit of its crunch. (You could also make the salad and the vinaigrette a few days ahead and store separately then combine the day of.)