Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/easy-whole-wheat-cinnamon-raisin-bread/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Easy whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread
12 adjust servings
An easy no-yeast, no-kneading whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread recipe!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9x5 bread pan and set aside.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and stir well.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, applesauce, honey, butter and vanilla. Stir the dry ingredients together a bit, then mix into the flour mixture until everything is well combined. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Pour the batter into the bread pan and smooth the top.
- Bake at 325 for 40-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown. (Mine takes 45 minutes, but ovens can vary.)
- Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then invert onto a cooling rack and let cool completely before storing.
The bread will keep on the counter for 3 days, in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
This bread has a lot of raisins. You can reduce the amount of raisins to 3/4 cup if you’d prefer.
Be sure to break up the raisins as you measure and add them - you don’t want huge clumps of raisins stuck together in your bread.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 184kcal Calories from fat 57|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|