Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/fast-cheesy-chicken-and-broccoli-twice-baked-potatoes/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Fast cheesy chicken and broccoli twice-baked potatoes
2 servings (2 potato halves per person) adjust servings
An all-in-one cheesy twice-baked potato dinner that's ready in 35 minutes!
- 2 baking potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons cream cheese (regular or low-fat is fine)
- 2-4 tablespoons milk (any kind)
- 1 small head broccoli, steamed and finely chopped
- 1 heaping cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 heaping cup chicken, cooked and diced small (grilled or rotisserie works great here; you could also use shredded chicken)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prepare potatoes in microwave.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli (for 5-6 minutes), and get your chicken chopped and cheese shredded.
- Once the potatoes are done, slit in half lengthwise and scoop out the middle. Be sure to leave a small rim of potato in the skin so the shell stays together for stuffing. Place the scooped out potato in a medium bowl.
- Add the cream cheese (start with 2 tablespoons and add the third if you need a bit more) to the potato and mash with a fork until the potato is mashed and the cream cheese is melted in and combined.
- Add the milk. Start with two tablespoons and mash until it gets to be nice and creamy, like mashed potatoes, adding an extra tablespoon of milk if necessary.
- Add the broccoli, chicken, 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese, the salt and pepper. Stir until everything is well combined. Add an extra tablespoon or so of milk if the mixture seems dry.
- Place the potato shells on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (for easy clean up) and stuff, stuff, stuff. Pile that stuffing on until you can pile no more. And then try to add an extra inch on top. It helps to shape it and push it down into the potato shells and keep it compacted together.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese evenly over the top of each potato.
- Place the pan in the 400 degree oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, until the stuffing is warmed through and the cheese is melted.
- Dive in and enjoy!
Make-ahead: You can prep these twice-baked potatoes ahead. Prepare as directed right up until putting them in the oven. Just cover and keep them in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Let them come to room temperature for 15-20 minutes (while you preheat the oven) and then bake at 400 for 12-18 until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are warmed through.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 120kcal Calories from fat 65|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|