Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/green-beans-gremolata/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 4 servings adjust servings
Green beans gremolata is a fast and flavorful side!
- 1 pound French green beans, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, until slightly tender. Drained the beans and place them in a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and retain the bright green color.
- Make the gremolata: Combine the garlic, lemon zest, parsley, Parmesan cheese and walnuts in a small bowl and mix well.
- When ready to serve, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Drain the green beans, pat them dry and add to the pan.
- Saute the beans for 2 minute, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat and add the gremolata. Toss well to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 142kcal Calories from fat 79|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 9g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|