Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/grilled-chicken-and-mozzarella-panini/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Grilled chicken and mozzarella panini
1 panini. I'm greedy like that. adjust servings
An easy panini with grilled chicken, mozzarella, greens and roasted red peppers!
- 1 whole wheat loaf of bread
- 8 slices of mozzarella cheese (or more, or about 1 cup shredded), divided
- 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- handful of baby kale or spinach or even arugula
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Build your panini: Cut the whole wheat bread in half and put half of the mozzarella cheese on the bottom bread. Top with chicken slices, kale/spinach, roasted red pepper and remaining mozzarella cheese. Brush the top half of the bread loaf with the balsamic vinegar and place on top of the sandwich.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray or a teaspoon of oil or butter. (I just used cooking spray.)
- Place panini in pan and cover with another pan. (Use aluminum foil if you're dirty dish-adverse like me.) Weight the top pan down with a large can - or a couple of them - to help flatten the sandwich.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side, then flip the sandwich, place your extra pan and cans back on top to further flatten the panini and cook another 2-3 minutes on the second side. I usually turn the heat down a bit when I flip the panini so it doesn’t cook too quickly or burn.
- Once it's heated and melty and perfect, remove, slice and serve. Or just eat it standing over the cutting board because you cannot wait.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1109kcal Calories from fat 568|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 63g||97%|
|Saturated Fat 37g||185%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|