Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/healthier-7-layer-salad/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 8-10 servings adjust servings
A (slightly) healthier 7 layer salad, the classic Southern side dish!
- 1 medium head of romaine, ends trimmed and leaves chopped
- 2 big handfuls of fresh spinach or baby spinach
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 10-oz bag frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use low-fat)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 5-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- To prep: Fry your bacon (in a large skillet over medium heat until browned and crisp on both sides), wash and chop your romaine lettuce and shred your cheese.
- Add the romaine and spinach to the bottom of your bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Top with red onion, then peas. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and Greek yogurt and sugar until well combined. Spread over the peas and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Serve or cover and keep in the refrigerator.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 343kcal Calories from fat 248|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 28g||43%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|