Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/healthy-halloween-spider-snacks/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Healthy Halloween spider snacks
1 spider snack adjust servings
Healthy Halloween spider snacks are a quick + easy string cheese snack for kids!
- 1 string cheese
- 1 (1-inch) slice of bread
- 2 black beans
- Yogurt, for tiny dots
- Marinara sauce, for serving (optional, homemade or store-bought)
- Using a knife, cut each end of the string cheese into fourths (to make 8 total legs for your spider), leaving about a 1-inch section that’s not cut in the middle of the string cheese to hold it together.
- Wrap the bread slice around the middle section.
- Make small indents in the bread where you want the eyes to go and push black beans in gently. (You can use some yogurt as glue to help them stick.)
- Use a toothpick to add a small dot of yogurt to each black bean to make the whites of the spider’s eyes.
- Serve spiders alone or with warmed marinara sauce for dipping as a pizza-like snack.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 159kcal Calories from fat 61|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|