Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/israeli-couscous-veggie-salad/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Israeli couscous veggie salad
4 servings adjust servings
This easy couscous salad is light, bright and bursting with flavor!
For the salad
- 2 cups cooked Israeli couscous
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (or more!)
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare couscous according to package directions to yield about 2 cups. Set aside and let cool.
- Meanwhile, chop veggies and basil and place in a medium bowl.
- Combine lemon juice, Dijon mustard and olive oil in a small jar and shake well to combine. Season with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add couscous to bowl with veggies and stir to mix. Pour dressing over salad and stir to combine.
- Serve it up!
If making ahead, prepare as above, but wait to chop and add the basil and mix in the dressing until you’re ready to serve to keep everything fresh and bright.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 380kcal Calories from fat 67|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|