Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/kale-quinoa-salad/
© 2017 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 4 people adjust servings
Kale quinoa salad with chopped walnuts, grated Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice is a light, fresh and healthy side dish!
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 to 4 cups fresh kale leaves washed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar divided
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- lemon wedges, extra chopped walnuts and Parmesan cheese, drizzle of olive oil
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions, then let cool.
- Meanwhile, massage the chopped kale with 1 teaspoon each of the vinegar and olive oil. Let sit for 20 minutes to soften and tenderize the kale leaves.
- Combine the quinoa and kale in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar, remaining teaspoon of olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over quinoa and kale and mix to coat.
- Add Parmesan cheese, walnuts and lemon juice and stir to coat. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with extra chopped walnuts and Parmesan cheese and a squeeze of lemon juice.
You can prep the kale and cook the quinoa ahead. Store them separately in the refrigerator then combine and mix with the other ingredients before serving.
I like the salty bite from the Parmesan cheese, but you could try this with crumbled goat cheese for a creamy version. Or try feta!