Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/mexican-meatloaf/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 4-6 servings adjust servings
An easy, 1-bowl ground turkey meatloaf with cheese, chilies and salsa!
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey (I use 7% fat)
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (unseasoned)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa, divided
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- extra cheese and salsa, for serving, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients (using just 1/2 cup salsa). Mix well. I start with a fork to get it going then use my hands so I don’t overwork it.
- Turn the meatloaf mixture out onto an ungreased baking sheet and shape into a loaf, about 8 inches long.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup salsa and bake at 400 for 45 minutes.
- Remove and let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
You can use gluten-free breadcrumbs to make this meatloaf gluten free.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 425kcal Calories from fat 193|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|