Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/mini-oatmeal-raisin-baby-muffins/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Mini oatmeal raisin toddler muffins
Makes 24 mini muffins adjust servings
Naturally sweetened whole grain oatmeal raisin mini breakfast muffins are perfect for toddlers and young children!
- 1 cup oats (I use old-fashioned oats)
- 1 cup milk (skim, 2% or soy all work fine)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (see notes)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 24-cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place oats in a medium bowl and add milk. Allow the oats to soak while you prepare the rest of the muffins.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the maple syrup, applesauce, egg and vanilla to the bowl with the soaked oats and stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Mix in the raisins. The batter will be very runny.
- Fill the mini muffin tin. Each cup should be filled almost to the top.
- Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes, until done.
I used maple syrup so these would be safe for any kids under the age of 1 (you can’t give honey to babies). Otherwise, you could certainly substitute honey for the maple syrup.
These are just barely sweet and great for little ones. If you want them to be sweeter, try increasing the maple syrup to 1/3 cup.
Extras can be stored on the counter for 3 days, in the fridge for up to 5 days and frozen for up to 3 months.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 74kcal Calories from fat 10|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|