Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/mississippi-caviar/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. About 3 cups adjust servings
Mississippi caviar is a fast, easy and versatile bean salsa!
- 1 can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced small (red, green, yellow or orange are all fine)
- 1 cup onion, diced small
- 4 jalapeno peppers, membranes and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 2 oz. jar pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing (homemade or store-bought)
- Combine all ingredients, cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers. Or use with pork chops or grilled chicken. Or on top of burgers - it seriously goes with everything!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 256kcal Calories from fat 109|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|