Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/pesto-chicken-polenta-stacks/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Pesto chicken polenta stacks
4 servings adjust servings
Easy ingredients come together for this delicious 10-minute dinner!
- 2 18-oz logs cooked polenta, cut into half-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2/3-1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup pesto (homemade or store bought)
- 2-3 tomatoes, cut in 1/4-inch slices (8 total slices)
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add polenta slices in an even layer and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully flip polenta slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with mozzarella cheese. Cook another 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Remove your polenta slices to a paper towel to absorb some of the excess oil.
- Meanwhile, stir the pesto and shredded chicken together until everything is well coated. If you prefer, you can throw the pesto chicken into the pan after the polenta cooks to warm it up a bit. Sometimes I do that, sometimes I leave it cold.
- To serve, top a cheesy polenta round with a heaping scoop of pesto chicken, followed by a tomato slice. Repeat, building each stack as high as you like.
You’ll probably have some leftover pesto chicken. I try to at least. It’s great stuffed in a wrap the next day with some chopped tomatoes and spinach leaves! You can also serve these polenta stacks as a fancy appetizer or part of a buffet spread for a party. You can cut them in half and stick a toothpick through them to make them easier to handle (and to double the amount). They will surely go quickly!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 753kcal Calories from fat 491|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 55g||85%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||65%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|