Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/pesto-chicken-salad/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. about 3 cups adjust servings
A light and bright chicken salad featuring a yogurt-based spinach and basil pesto!
For the pesto
- 1 cup plain yogurt (I used non-fat)
- 1 cup packed spinach leaves
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the chicken salad
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced (about 3 cups worth)
- 1/2 cup celery, diced small (optional)
- 1 cup pesto (more or less, to your liking)
- Make the pesto by combining all of the ingredients in a food processor. Mix until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Mix with the diced chicken and celery, if using, to get everything well coated. You probably won't need all of the pesto - just add it until you like the mix. Extra pesto is great on bread, as a sandwich spread or on a spoon. Just saying.
- Dive into this pesto chicken salad right away or let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. It gets more and more delicious. Enjoy!
You could also add some chopped walnuts or pecans to the salad. Or some small diced zucchini!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1190kcal Calories from fat 915|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 102g||157%|
|Saturated Fat 20g||100%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|