Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/pizza-stuffed-chicken/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 4 servings adjust servings
Pizza stuffed chicken breasts are easy to throw together for a fun family dinner!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- about 20 pepperoni slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 pieces flatbread, topped with extra marinara and mozzarella cheese if desired, warmed in the oven
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Butterfly chicken breasts and season inside with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese and about 5 pepperoni inside each chicken breast. Fold the chicken breast up and place in a greased 9x13 glass baking dish. Rub the top of each chicken breast with a little bit of olive oil, then sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven. If serving with the flatbread, place it in the oven, topped with the marinara and cheese, to warm it through for a couple of minutes. Top each flatbread with a pizza stuffed chicken breast (sliced or whole) and enjoy!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1219kcal Calories from fat 768|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 85g||131%|
|Saturated Fat 32g||160%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|