Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/quick-corn-and-pepper-saute/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Quick corn and pepper saute
4 servings adjust servings
A super quick, colorful side dish of sauteed corn and peppers, perfect for grill nights!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 2-3 fresh corn cobs or you can use frozen)
- 1 cup peppers, chopped (I used a mix of the mini sweet peppers but you could use a bell pepper or a mix of bell peppers for more color)
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat a medium saute pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add corn, peppers, red onion and jalapeno (if using). Saute about 5 minutes, until mostly tender. (I like a little bit of a crisp texture.)
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve hot.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 87kcal Calories from fat 26|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|