Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/red-white-blue-yogurt-parfait/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Red, white and blue yogurt parfaits
3-4 parfaits, depending on your jars/glasses adjust servings
An all-natural layered red, white and blue yogurt parfait for a fun, festive treat!
For the strawberry layer
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup strawberry puree (see notes)
- 4 strawberries, thinly sliced
For the honey and banana layer
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 small banana, thinly sliced
For the blueberry layer
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons blueberry syrup (or substitute blueberry or grape jam)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Additional (optional) topping ideas: Chia seeds, granola, crushed cereal, chopped nuts
- Make the bottom layer: Combine the Greek yogurt and strawberry puree in a small bowl and mix well. Divide evenly among your jars or glasses and smooth the top. Place sliced strawberries on top of the yogurt layer.
- Make the middle layer: Combine the Greek yogurt, honey and vanilla in a small bowl. Add on top of the sliced strawberries in your jars or glasses. Top with the sliced bananas.
- Make the top layer: Combine the Greek yogurt and blueberry syrup (or jam) in a small bowl. Add on top of the sliced bananas in your jars or glasses. Top with fresh blueberries.
- Top with any additional toppings as desired and serve!
- Extras may be kept, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
I used non-fat plain Greek yogurt for this recipe.
To make the strawberry puree, simply blend 1/2 cup of ripe strawberries in a blender or food processor or immersion blender. Add a teaspoon of honey if the strawberries aren’t very sweet. You can make it as chunky or as thin as you like. (If your mixture is too thick and not blending well, add the yogurt for that layer and blend them together.)
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 301kcal Calories from fat 105|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|