Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/simple-farro-salad/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 4-6 servings adjust servings
A really simple side dish - or lunch - with very basic ingredients.
- 1 bag quick-cooking farro
- 4-5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped (or sub pecans or slivered almonds)
- 1/4 parsley, finely chopped
- zest and juice of one lemon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated, for serving (optional)
- Cook farro according to package directions, using vegetable or chicken broth. (I bring my broth to a boil in a large pan, add the farro and let it boil, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes. Then I drain the excess liquid.)
- Place cooked farro in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan, serve and enjoy!
You can adjust how much red pepper flakes you use to control the heat. I like a little kick on mine!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 116kcal Calories from fat 40|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|