Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/slow-cooker-stuffed-bell-peppers/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Slow cooker stuffed bell peppers
2 servings adjust servings
These easy slow cooker bell peppers turn out beautifully.
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1/2 can black beans
- 1/3 cup corn (I use frozen)
- 1 small grilled chicken breast, small diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 scant teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, Greek yogurt (or sour cream), salsa, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, sliced black olives.
- Cook brown rice.
- Prepare the peppers. If yours aren’t standing pretty, slice a very thin layer off the bottom to get them straight and upright.
- Next, slice the very top off the peppers. Clean out the seeds and ribs from inside the peppers and discard.
- Mix together black beans, corn, chicken and spices.
- When the rice is finished, add it to the bean mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture.
- Place the peppers in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Remove, top with your favorite toppings and serve!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 417kcal Calories from fat 40|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 13g||52%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|