Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/slow-cooker-teriyaki-chicken/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Slow cooker teriyaki chicken
6-8 servings adjust servings
A super easy (and healthy) slow cooker teriyaki chicken with a deep, rich flavor.
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (or sub 1 teaspoon ground ginger)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- For serving: Steamed brown rice, sesame seeds, sliced green onions
- Place the chicken breasts in your slow cooker.
- Whisk the soy sauce, water, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and ginger together in a small bowl to dissolve the sugar. Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks.
- Pour the sauce from the slow cooker into a large pot over medium heat.
- Whisk in the cornstarch and bring to a boil. Cook for about 30 seconds. It will thicken very quickly.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pot and mix to get it well coated. Reduce the heat to low and let it sit for a few minutes so the chicken can absorb the juices.
- Serve teriyaki chicken over brown rice, sprinkled with sesame seeds and green onions.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 356kcal Calories from fat 55|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|