Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/spicy-pork-burgers-mango-salsa/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Spicy pork burgers with mango salsa
6 big burgers adjust servings
Easy pork burgers with a hint of spice and a cool, refreshing mango salsa!
For the pork burgers
- 2 lbs. ground pork
- 2 medium jalapeno peppers, seeds and membranes removed, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (less if using regular soy sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or canola oil), for cooking
For the mango salsa
- 1 large mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Burger buns, lettuce, tomato, red onion slices, etc.
- Make the burgers: Combine all burger ingredients, except for the olive oil, in a large bowl. Be careful not to overmix. (I use a fork to get it started and then use my hands to get all the ingredients well combined.)
- Form 6 equal-size burger patties, each about 1 inch thick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the olive oil and heat.
- Cook burgers over medium high heat 5-6 minutes per side, until browned and cooked through. (See notes.)
- Meanwhile, make the salsa. Combine mango and remaining ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with buns, mango salsa and other desired burger toppings.
You don’t want to overcrowd your pan when cooking the burgers, so use two skillets or cook in two batches if needed. If you do cook in two batches, make sure to wipe out the pan (carefully) before the second batch so any browned bits don’t get burned on to your burgers.
You can also cook these on the grill, if you prefer.
Extra burgers can be frozen (raw or cooked) for up to 3 months.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 475kcal Calories from fat 305|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 34g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|