Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/spinach-artichoke-chicken-casserole/
© 2016 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Spinach artichoke chicken casserole
4 servings adjust servings
A super creamy (but lightened up) chicken casserole the whole family will love!
- 4 (6 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 packed cups of spinach leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I use non-fat)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use low-fat)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a large casserole dish or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, add the chopped artichoke hearts, spinach, Parmesan cheese, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Spread the spinach-artichoke mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the entire baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. If desired, broil on low for 2-3 minutes (watch it closely!) to get the breadcrumbs to brown up on the top.
- Serve hot over steamed brown rice or whole wheat pasta.
This makes enough spinach artichoke mixture that you could easily cover up to 6 chicken breasts if you need to feed more people.
You can leave off the breadcrumbs or use gluten-free breadcrumbs if you want to make this gluten-free.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 664kcal Calories from fat 314|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 35g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|