Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/strawberry-yogurt-cake/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved. 12 adjust servings
Luscious and deliciously light strawberry yogurt cake made without any butter or oil!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (I use white whole wheat flour)
- 2 cups oats (I use old fashioned)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain low-fat yogurt (or fat-free)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped pretty small
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray a 9-inch round springform cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, applesauce, vanilla and eggs until well combined.
- Make a well in the bowl of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir to combine but don’t over mix.
- Fold in the strawberries but again, be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and enjoy!
After the first couple of days, if it somehow makes it that long in your house, this is best stored in the fridge.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 284kcal Calories from fat 34|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|