Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/veggie-packed-veggie-burgers/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Veggie-packed veggie burgers
4 servings adjust servings
These super healthy veggie burgers are full of wholesome ingredients and stuffed with TONS of veggies!
- 1/2 cup edamame, cooked and roughly chopped
- 2-3 carrots, grated
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed (about 1 cup before squeezing, 1/2 cup after)
- 1/4 onion, grated
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, finely chopped (white button or cremini mushrooms work great here)
- 1/3 cup roasted red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ (or another 1/4 cup oat flour)
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, cheese, sliced jalapeños, ketchup, mustard - whatever you like!
- Get all of your ingredients ready: cook the edamame, grate the carrots, zucchini and onion; make oat flour if you don't have any on hand (just grind the oats in a food processor or blender for a minute or so).
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning. (There's no egg so you're safe to actually taste it.)
- Form your patties. Use your hands (wet them so it doesn't stick) or use a ramekin lined with cling wrap to press them together really well and get perfectly sized and shaped burgers that are well packed together.
- Place the patties on a plate (I line mine with wax paper so it stays clean) and pop the plate in the freezer for 10-15 minutes or in the fridge for an hour (or all day) to let them firm up.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the patties and cook 4-5 minutes on each side, until well-browned.
- (If you want to add cheese, put it on after you turn them, so it can melt while the burger finishes browning.)
- Serve on a whole wheat bun or in a lettuce wrap and top with your favorite burger toppings.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 177kcal Calories from fat 58|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 6g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|