Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/veggie-stuffed-potato-skins/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Veggie-stuffed potato skins
16 potato skins adjust servings
Easy veggie- and cheese-loaded crispy potato skins!
- 4 baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or sub melted butter)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini, chopped small
- 1 cup bell peppers (any color or mixed), chopped small
- 1 cup mushrooms (white or cremini), chopped small
- 2 heaping cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Garnishes: chopped green onions, Greek yogurt/sour cream, you could even throw on some chopped avocado or jalapenos or crumbled, cooked bacon
- Prepare potatoes in microwave. Once cooked, slice each potato into 4 big wedges. Scoop out potato pulp and save for another use
- Combine olive oil, chili seasoning, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl. Brush potatoes with oil mixture and put on a large sheet pan. (You'll probably need 2 for the whole recipe.)
- Put in 425 degree oven for 5-10 minutes to crisp up the outside of the potato wedges (or broil for a few minutes, but watch them closely).
- Meanwhile, heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add one teaspoon olive oil and the chopped veggies. Season with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Saute for 5-7 minutes, until tender.
- Remove potato skins from oven once crisped. Top with veggies and pile on the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Return the potato skins to the oven for about 5 minutes, until hot and cheese is melted.
- Garnish potato skins with green onions and a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream, if desired. Or serve with a small bowl of Greek yogurt for dipping.
You can make these ahead. Prepare the potato skins through step 5 and then bake them off when you’re ready. Or you can make them all the way through and refrigerate (or freezer for another time). Then when you're ready to serve, defrost if frozen and put them in a 400 degree oven for 10-12 minutes to warm them up and get the cheese all melty.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 102kcal Calories from fat 41|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 5g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|