Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/whole-wheat-orange-cranberry-bread/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Whole wheat orange cranberry bread
1 large loaf or 3 mini loaves adjust servings
Whole wheat orange cranberry bread can be made as mini loaves or a large loaf!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping cup fresh cranberries, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
For the glaze (optional)
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar using a stand mixer or hand mixer. (You can also just beat it really well with a fork.)
- Add the egg and mix well. Add the orange zest and juice and the vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate, large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir, by hand, just until combined.
- Fold in the chopped cranberries and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased 9x5 pan, smoothing the top with the back of your spoon or spatula so it's even. Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Or use 3 mini pans (each 5.75x3) and bake for about 22-25 minutes.
- To make the glaze: Place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add 2 teaspoons orange juice and stir to combine. Continue to add orange juice, a teaspoon at a time, until the glaze reaches a good drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle with glaze, if desired, and enjoy!
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 169kcal Calories from fat 39|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|