Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/whole-wheat-pumpkin-muffins/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Whole wheat pumpkin muffins
12 muffins adjust servings
These 1-bowl whole wheat pumpkin muffins are moist and delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil (see notes)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 heaping cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients - the flour through the salt.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, oil, honey, vanilla and pumpkin. Stir wet mix together in the well and then stir together with the dry ingredients until combined. Don't overmix.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and distribute the batter evenly. They will be about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool and store at room temperature for 3-4 days or wrap in aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- You can sub applesauce for part or all of the oil if you want to cut some calories. I used canola oil but you can use coconut oil if you prefer.
- Adapted from 100 Days of Real Food.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 229kcal Calories from fat 95|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|