Posted by Kathryn Dohertyhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/wild-rice-salad-with-mango-and-cilantro/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Wild rice salad with mango and cilantro
4 servings adjust servings
Wild rice salad with mango, cilantro, peanuts and a lime-srirachi vinaigrette!
For the salad
- 1 heaping cup wild rice, cooked according to package directions (see notes)
- 1/2 mango, diced small
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (seeded and membranes removed, for less heat)
For the lime-srirachi vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons srirachi sauce (use less for less heat)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, chop mango, onion, cilantro, peanuts and jalapeno and set aside.
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients in a small glass jar or plastic container with a lid. Shake it up very well.
- Combine rice with salad ingredients and mix well. Pour vinaigrette over everything and stir to combine.
- Serve and devour!
I use wild rice from a jar, with no seasonings or anything included; just the rice. I brought 1 3/4 cups water to a boil, added a heaping cup of rice, reduced the heat to low, covered the pot and cooked it for 15-18 minutes. Then I turn off the heat, let it stand covered for another 5 minutes and it's ready. If you’re using a box, cook your rice according to the instructions but omit any seasoning packets.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 237kcal Calories from fat 144|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 16g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|