Posted by Kathrynhttps://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/zucchini-and-squash-saute-with-thyme/
© 2015 Family Food on the Table. All rights reserved.
Zucchini and squash saute with thyme
4 servings adjust servings
A quick and healthy zucchini and squash saute, seasoned with thyme!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced (about 1/2 to 3/4 cup worth)
- 2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/4-inch moons
- 2 squash, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into 1/4-inch moons
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, roughly chopped (see notes) - from 5-6 small sprigs
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add sliced zucchini and squash. Season with salt and pepper and saute for 5-6 minutes, until slightly tender.
- Sprinkle with fresh thyme. Stir to combine and saute for another minute.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
You can substitute dried thyme instead of using fresh thyme. Use 1 teaspoon of dried thyme and add it when you season the zucchini and squash with salt and pepper.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 130kcal Calories from fat 25|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|