Welcome to Family Food on the Table! Here you’ll find lots of easy, healthy recipes to make cooking at home possible, even on the busiest of days. Fresh, wholesome and oh so tasty – you’ll be inspired to get in the kitchen and cook more.
Whether it’s day-to-day breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas, or homemade baby food, kid snacks and fun treats, I’ve got you covered. From scratch food doesn’t have to be hard or intimidating or time-consuming. I have lots of great recipes and resources to help you stick to healthy, real foods in a real world way. It’s all about making it happen.
So, me. I’m Kathryn, a health and nutrition editor, wife, mother of two little kids, and devoted food and health nut. We live in Charlotte, N.C., and I am always in my kitchen fixing some food or another. Or doing dishes. So many dishes.
I have a serious love of potatoes, spicy food and chocolate. We eat oatmeal by the boat load and I use pumpkin year round. I’ve always got wine and bourbon on hand. Always.
I’d love to hear from you with questions, ideas and feedback. You can contact me at kathryn at familyfoodonthetable.com or connect with me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Also, sign up for my weekly newsletter so you never miss a recipe!
Happy home cooking!
Really? You want to know more about me? Well, okay!
* I like bourbon and the color purple. A lot.
* I’m a hugger. Give me a hug over a handshake any day.
* I have a chocolate lab named Dixie. She’s a sweetheart. She also never barks, which is strange but wonderful.
* I’m a big nerd. My dream job? Full-time student. Instead, I work as a health and nutrition editor so I get to read news all day long. It’s always something new, so it keeps me interested. And on the side, I take Coursera classes on health, nutrition and science. They even have quizzes and grades!
* I love books (goes with the nerdom). I love flipping through books. I love browsing for books. I love just looking at books. And of course, cookbooks! I especially like old community cookbooks.
* I like long walks. Really long. Mostly this takes place on my treadmill in the form of daily exercise, but beaches are even better when I can get there. I’ve also done the 2-day Avon 39.3 mile walk twice and loved every step.
* I may or may not eat large quantities of baby carrots on a daily basis.
* My hands may or may not be slightly orange as a result…