This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A 5-ingredient, 15-minute honey garlic chicken with an addictively delicious sauce – a perfect quick + easy weeknight dinner recipe!
We are somehow back to Monday and this will be M’s first full, 5-day week of kindergarten. 😬
We’ve also got fall activities ramping up and both my husband and I have busy work schedules this time of year.
So quick and easy is the name of the game most nights! (Though, yes, that’s pretty much always the case 😉 )
This honey garlic chicken recipe fits the bill – just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes are all you need to whip up this dinner.
And just wait until you taste the sauce. Oh that sauce! I literally eat it from the pan with the spoon.
I also drizzle it over everything on my plate – the chicken, the rice, the veggies… All of it gets coated in this delectable sauce.
It’s got sticky sweet honey, the salty rich soy sauce, a kick of garlic and a hint of spice from the red pepper flakes.
It gets glazed on to the chicken and simmered down and concentrated slightly so it’s ready to drip and drizzle all over your plate. Please, put it ALL over your plate!
So freakin’ good!
Just a few notes on this honey garlic chicken:
- Be careful not to overcook the chicken. The pieces are small so they cook fast, which is kinda the point with this dinner. But you don’t want them to go too far and be overdone.
- On the other hand, that sauce is seriously so good, it’ll disguise your chicken if it gets a little overdone. It’s nice to have a forgiving dish!
- You could substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs in place of the chicken breasts if you prefer, but the cooking time will be longer.
- To make a complete meal, just add some steamed rice and a veggie. 👍
I use brown rice, which takes a little longer, so I get that started first then I prep my chicken and get it cooking.
While the chicken is going, I get a veggie ready to steam (broccoli, green beans or snow peas usually – you could also use a steam-in-the-bag veggie) and dinner is ready and on the table in no time!
See, you got this!
Hope you have a great week! Enjoy!
P.S. Check out the VIDEO for this recipe!
15-minute honey garlic chicken
A 5-ingredient, 15-minute honey garlic chicken recipe with an addictive sauce!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (or canola oil)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes (about 1/2 inch)
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, adjust for heat)
- For serving (optional): brown rice, sliced green onions, sesame seeds, lime wedges to squeeze over chicken
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lightly season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper. (Go easy because the soy sauce has plenty of sodium.)
- Add the chicken to the skillet and brown on one side, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes, if using, in a small bowl until well combined.
- Add the sauce to the pan and toss to coat the chicken pieces. Cook until chicken is cooked through, 4-5 more minutes.
- Serve with steamed rice and top with green onions, sesame seeds and a squeeze of lime juice, if desired.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 283kcal Calories from fat 61|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|