Skillet chicken with creamed corn is an easy weeknight dinner that’s ready in just 25 minutes. Serve over rice or quinoa to soak up the delicious, creamy corn sauce!
Thanks so much to Iowa Corn for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Is it Monday already?
I mean, we had a super relaxing weekend, a fun Sunday brunch here at the house with some friends, and I seriously went to bed at 8:30 last night.
Still though, Monday already?!
And to add to it, both kids are home with me today because their schools are closed for Veteran’s Day. (My work is not, unfortunately.)
Oh well, at least they are pretty good at entertaining themselves!
(But I may be going to bed super duper early again tonight! 😴)
Last month, I traveled to Iowa with Iowa Corn and some fellow food bloggers for a few days of fun eats and drinks, farm visits, race cars (yes, race cars) and lots of good conversation about the reality of farming and corn production in the U.S.
Overall, I was really impressed by the serious dedication and love the farmers have for not only what they do, but how they do it.
Sustainability is front of mind. The farmers want to take the very best care possible of not only their crops but the animals they raise, the land they farm on, the community they live in and the world that they and their food is a part of.
It’s all connected.
You can read my full recap of the trip here, including so many great takeaways on farming, sustainability, GMOs and even high-fructose corn syrup. (We didn’t shy away from anything!)
Bonus, it also includes 8 delicious corn recipes! 🌽💛
And for fun, I also wanted to share…
My 5 favorite corn facts and stats from the trip:
- Only 4% of the corn grown in the U.S. is for human consumption. Only 1% of the corn grown in Iowa is this sweet corn. The rest is field corn, which can be used in lots of ways.
- More than 97% of the corn grown in Iowa is grown on a family farm. ❤️
- Iowa is #1 in corn, ethanol, pork and egg production. Wow.
- The ethanol produced today results in 43% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than gasoline. (Also, producers are getting 15% more ethanol from a bushel of corn today than 20 years ago.)
- Iowa has 6 times more pigs than people. Oink, oink baby! 🐷
Now, on to this delicious skillet chicken with creamed corn recipe!
It is super simple to make but has such great flavor!
The seasoned chicken strips are served with the creamy corn sauce, which adds a great richness and a hint of sweetness to the dish.
Serious corn love going on right here!
Also, it’s super family-friendly! And it’s one of my chicken recipes in under 30 minutes, so it’s a great weeknight dinner option!…